Sugar Kicker #2: Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Ok guys – The Banana ice cream was more of a “one-size-fits-all dessert, because who doesn’t like Bananas?
This one might be more for the adventurous of you…. or those who really like avocados, like me. I’ve been told by some that this is a delicious alternative to other creamy, sugary treats. Aaaaaaaand I’ve been told that my taste buds are warped. There are a few *key* things that make this recipe work in my opinion, of which these items have been starred:
– 2 *chilled* ripe avocados (The ones on the left are perfect – the one on the right is a little over-ripe for my taste.) Scoop em out, and throw them in your food processor, VitaMix, or any *high-powered* blender.
– 1/4 cup *good* unsweetened cocoa powder. Ain’t no Hershey’s gonna cut it here, if you want it to taste like something you want to eat.
– *1 TB coconut oil.* Makes it smooth and creamy, and adds a little rich sweetness.
– 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey. Depending on your taste and how sweet you like it. Careful, a little goes a long way, so start with less, and add more if you want.
– 1 tsp. *real* vanilla extract.
– 1 ice cube. For some reason, this recipe tastes sooooo much better cold.
Throw all this in your food processor, VitaMix, or any *high-powered* blender, and blend it till its smooth and creamy. If it tastes chalky, add a little more honey and vanilla. If its too sweet, add a little vanilla and a pinch of salt. It’ll look something like this: