This stuff was so good I ate the whole bleep bleep pan before I could take a picture of it. But you know what apple crisp looks like…. like this:
Try it. It’s delicious:
– 4 cups apples, cut up into wedges (I mixed Jonagold, Honeycrisp, and Zestar) Skinned if you prefer.
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– a few drops of pure almond extract
– 1 cup chopped up dates
Mix in a separate bowl
– 1/8 cup quinoa flour
– 1/8 cup corn starch
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1/2 cup sucanat — this stuff is pricey, but has the best flavor of the “low glycemic sugar substitutes” that I’ve tried. I’ts basically raw maple sugar, and has a nice nutty flavor I like, similar to maple syrup. You could also try maple syrup, but the liquid factor might make your crisp a little gummy. Sucanat is a powdery granule substance like sugar.
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 teaspoon salt
– 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces.
Use your hands and mix all of bowl #2 together, crushing the butter into the mixture till its crumbly.
Grease a 9 x 9 pan
Throw the apple (bowl #1) in the bottom.
Sprinkle bowl #2 on top.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
Let stand, serve with any goddamned thing you want, its delicious with anything.